Baked Chicken with Spinach, Pears, & Blue Cheese
Trying out new recipes is a regular occurrence at our house! I love trying out different flavors & then it’s awesome when the recipe is a success & is a “keeper”. This baked chicken with spinach, pears, & blue cheese definitely fits the “keeper” category!
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup chopped red onion
Salt & pepper
4 cups spinach leaves
2 T. apple cider vinegar
2 pears – cored, peeled, & sliced
Adapted from Whole Foods “Baked Chicken with Spinach, Pears, & Blue Cheese”
- Place chicken between parchment paper or in a Ziplock bag & pound with a mallet until chicken is thin.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, & any other seasoning you like. Place in oven for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat & sauté red onion until softened. Add spinach & toss until wilted. Season with salt & pepper. Place spinach on a plate until serving.
- Wipe out pan & heat 1 tablespoon olive oil & apple cider vinegar.
- Add sliced pears & heat until warm.
- Arrange spinach on plate & top with chicken breast. Top with warm pear slices & about 2 tablespoons blue cheese.
Hop on over to my Facebook page to get healthy recipes, fitness tips, & see my crazy life with boys!!! www.facebook.com/KendraKMaraman