Do your kids like meatballs?
Mine do! I often buy frozen meatballs from the grocery store but since our family’s eating healthier I’m not comfortable buying the frozen brands with preservatives. Who knows what meat parts are in there!!
I tried out these turkey meatballs & they were a hit!
Now these are definitely more work than just buying them at the store but much healthier! I made a double batch & then froze half of them for another meal!
** From “Fixate” cookbook**
Healthy Turkey Meatballs
1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
1/4 cup milk
2 t. olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 lbs. raw, ground turkey breast
2 large eggs
1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
2 T. grated Parmesan cheese
1 t. dried oregano leaves
1/2 t. sea salt
1/2 t. pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, lightly coated with cooking spray.
3. Place bread crumbs & milk in a small bowl. Set aside; soak for 10 minutes.
4. Add oil in medium skillet over medium-low heat.
5. Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 5-6 minutes or until onion is translucent.
6. Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for one minute.
7. Combine onion mixture, turkey, eggs, parsley, cheese, oregano, salt, pepper, & bread crumb mixture in a large bowl; mix well. Refrigerate, covered, for one hour.
8. With clean, wet hands, form turkey mixture into approximately 42 1-inch meatballs; arrange onto prepared baking sheet.
9. Bake 13-18 minutes or until cooked through.
Serve with whole wheat pasta & homemade or store bought tomato sauce.
These are also great served over zoodles!
Need extra motivation + tools to reach your goals?! Join a monthly wellness accountability group! Fill out this form to be considered for the group!!
Like my Facebook page to see daily fitness motivation + healthy recipes + my life with crazy boys!!