Quick & Healthy Family Meal Plan
We’re all busy!!
We’re all running our kids to activities after school & most times we’re in a rush for dinner!! So I wanted to share with you five quick & healthy meals that will help with those busy evenings!!
All of these recipes have been tested in my home & they are kiddo approved!!
Hope you enjoy them as much as we do!!
HEALTHY TACO CHICKEN BOWLS
4 chicken breasts
1 jar salsa (16 ounces)
1 can black beans, drained
1/2 lb. frozen corn
1 T. chili powder
1/2 T. cumin
1/2 T. minced garlic
1/2 t. dried oregano
1/4 t. cayenne pepper
1/4 t. salt
2 cups brown rice
Toppings: shredded cheddar, lettuce, black olives, cilantro
1. Add all ingredients to slow cooker (except rice) + 1/4 cup water.
2. Cook on low for ~ 8 hours.
3. As you get close to dinner then make the rice according to package directions.
4. After ~8 hours, shred chicken & stir. Build taco bowls with rice on bottom, then chicken mixture, & then toppings.
ROASTED SHRIMP & BROCCOLI
2 pounds broccoli, cut into bite-size florets
4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined
1 ¼ teaspoons lemon zest (from 1 large lemon)
Lemon wedges, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, toss broccoli with 2 tablespoons oil, cumin, salt, & 1/2 teaspoon pepper. In a separate bowl, combine shrimp, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, lemon zest, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
3. Spread broccoli in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast for 10 minutes.
4. Add shrimp to baking sheet and toss with broccoli. Roast, tossing once halfway through, until shrimp are just opaque and broccoli is tender and golden around edges, about 10 minutes more. Serve with lemon wedges, or squeeze lemon juice all over shrimp and broccoli just before serving.
This recipe is so versatile!! Choose whatever pizza toppings you like & add them!!
Whole wheat tortillas
Shredded mozzarella cheese
Sliced green peppers
1. For each Pizzadilla sprinkle shredded mozzarella & pizza toppings onto tortilla & fold in half. Cook until light brown on one side & then flip & cook until done.
2. Serve with pizza sauce for dipping!
GREEK CHICKEN PITAS
Marinated chicken breasts – see marinade recipe below
Halved cherry tomatoes
Diced red onion
Kakamata olives or kalamata olive spread (Trader Joes)
Marinated chicken breasts:
1 cup yogurt
3 T olive oil
4 garlic cloves
1/4 cup chopped parsley
zest of one lemon
Mix all ingredients together in a 9×13 baking dish. Add chicken breasts & let marinade 2-3 hours.
1. Grill chicken until cooked through & no longer pink. Discard marinade.
2. Heat pitas until warm.
3. Chop up chicken & place on serving plate.
4. Place tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, & feta on serving plate.
5. Serve hummus & kalamata olives on the side.
Now the fun part!!
Each person take a warm pita, fill it with toppings, fold over, & eat!!
**adapted from “The Pioneer Woman”**
2 pounds ground beef
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 stalks celery, diced
1 large onion, diced
3 cups beef broth, plus more if needed
One 14.5-ounce can whole tomatoes
3 tablespoons tomato paste
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or more to taste
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or more to taste
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or more to taste
5 red potatoes, cut into chunks
4 carrots, peeled and sliced on the diagonal
1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
1. In a large pot over medium-high heat, brown the meat with the garlic, celery and onions. Remove the pot from the heat and drain off as much fat as you can. (Discard the fat once it cools.)
2. Return the pot to the heat and add the beef broth, tomatoes, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, salt, black pepper, cayenne, potatoes, carrots and red and yellow bell peppers. Stir to combine, then bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover the pot and simmer until the potatoes are tender but not overly mushy, 15 to 20 more minutes. The soup should be somewhat thick. Add more beef broth if you like a more soup consistency.
Were any of these recipes a hit with your family? Please comment below & give your feedback!
The next 30 Day Wellness Group starts soon!
If you are ready to feel confident plus focus on living a healthy life ———> The time is NOW!!
Fitness & nutrition accountability groups start soon & we will be creating consistency with workouts, learning how to eat healthy through portion control, and get you feeling fit & fabulous!
✅ 30 minute workouts
✅ simple, healthy eating plan
✅ personalized, one on one coaching
✅ Crockpot recipes
✅ private group to keep you motivated & on track
For more info. about challenge groups click HERE
Please fill out this simple form & I will contact you ASAP!