Clean Crockpot Recipes
During the holidays it’s essential to have a healthy eating plan! It can be so tough with parties & treats to stay on track & I definitely need an action plan of healthy dinners all set to go!
I also love my crockpot! We’re always busy in our household now that my kids are getting more involved with sports so crockpot meals just make sense!
All of these crockpot meals are healthy & can be used while doing the 21 Day Fix program! Remember, it’s all about portion sizes!!
Meals serve 4 people or more.
French Dip Sandwiches
1 onion, sliced
1 two – three pound beef brisket or boneless beef bottom round roast
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 teaspoon thyme
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/4 cup beef broth
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Slice onion & place on bottom of crock pot.
- In a small bowl mix garlic, rosemary, thyme, olive oil, salt, & pepper.
- Rub spice mixture onto all sides of roast. Place roast in crockpot.
- Pour the broth, water, & Worcestershire sauce into the crockpot.
- Cover & cook on low for 9-12 hours.
- Once meat is cooked shred with a fork.
- Split rolls & top with beef & cheese. Broil sandwich until cheese is melted.
- Pour broth into a bowl & serve with sandwiches for dipping.
TACO SOUP WITH BLACK BEANS
1 lb. ground beef or ground turkey, browned & drained
1 onion, chopped
28 oz. can crushed tomatoes (organic is best!!)
1 1/2 cup frozen corn
15 oz. can black beans, undrained
15 1/2 oz. can red kidney beans, undrained
2 T cumin
1 1/2 T chili powder
- Combine all ingredients in crock pot.
- Cover. Cook on low 4-6 hours.
- Top with tortilla chips, cheese, & sour cream.
COCONUT CHICKEN CURRY
Recipe adapted from “Tasty Kitchen”
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cloves garlic
1 small green pepper
1 can tomato paste
1 can coconut milk
1 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon curry powder – use a good curry powder (makes a HUGE difference!)
1 Tablespoon garam masala
1 T honey
1 whole dry red chili pepper (optional – spicy!)
2 T water
1 1/2 T cornstarch
Brown rice or quinoa
- Place chicken in slow cooker
- Place all ingredients (except chili pepper, cornstarch, & water) in blender & process until smooth.
- Pour sauce mix over chicken. Add the hot pepper is using, & close the lid.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- An hour before serving, mix the water & cornstarch. Add to chicken curry & mix well. Place lid back on & cook one more hour.
- Serve on top of brown rice or quinoa.
HONEY PORK & APPLES
2-3 Granny Smith apples
- Slice apples
- Place 3/4 apple slices on bottom of crockpot.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, salt, & pepper. Drizzle honey over apples.
- Place pork loin on top of apples & make slits into pork loin.
- Take remaining apple slices & place into pork loin. Sprinkle pork loin with salt, pepper, & cinnamon. Drizzle with honey.
- Cook on low 7-8 hours.
VEGETARIAN ENCHILADA QUINOA
From Cooking Classy
1 red bell pepper
3 cloves minced garlic
2 1/4 cups vegetable broth
1 can (14.5 oz) can tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups quinoa
2 T chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
Salt & pepper
1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, drained & rinsed
1 (14.5 oz) can pinto beans, drained & rinsed
1 1/2 cups frozen corn
1 1/2 cups cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
For serving: Diced avocado, diced tomatoes, chopped cilantro, tortilla chips
- Sauté chopped onion & bell pepper in a skillet for approximately 3 minutes. Add garlic & sautee for another 30 seconds. Pour into slow cooker.
- Stir quinoa, vegetable broth, canned tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, salt, & pepper into slow cooker.
- Cover & cook on HIGH for 2-3 hours.
- Add corn, black beans, & pinto beans. Mix.
- Even top & then sprinkle with cheese. Cover & cook until heated through. 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with desired toppings.
To receive daily fitness & nutrition tips go to my FaceBook page: www.facebook.com/KendraKMaraman
To see daily recipes go to Instagram: www.instagram.com/bounce_back_fitness